Thursday, August 7, 2008

It has been awhile since I last blogged. I guess I will start with the sad news... On Tuesday Stephan had to put our dog to sleep. After Stephan and I separated, He kept Zoe. We got her about 9 years ago when she was just a puppy. She was a really good dog.. When Stephan had to move I told him I would take her and she was with us for about a year. About 6 months ago she stated to get some sort of skin infection. He took her to the vet and that is what they told us ans we were given medicine...It never helped and I actually think it made it worse. Anyway my fear was what do I tell mckalyn? I don't know what is right or wrong in the case but I decided to lie. I did not want her to think that when you get sick you die or when you go to the Dr. you die so I decided to turn the negative into a positive and I explained to her that the vet wanted to take Zoe to his house so that he could make her all better and that he was going to make Zoe a super hero dog by helping him find all the lost puppies in the world. She cried only for a few minutes and I figured I would tell her when she got older.
On a better note.. Mckalyn just finished her summer dance and has been signed up for fall.. She loved it!
Nolan will be walking before he is one.. He is all over the place and now has two top teeth coming in. Time just goes by.

1 comment:

Renee' said...

Ugh, so sad! Sorry to hear about your family pet.

Mckalyn looks so cute in her little dance outfit. Awwwww...