Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tooth Fairy

I often wonder what kind of bad things I will pass down to my children such as the high blood pressure,thyroid problem, glasses or big boobs. Mckalyn has been to the dentist a few times already in her short life because of cavities and today she had another visit. Stephan took her this morning and I explained everything before he left and told him to ask the Dentist about this bubble above her front tooth that she has had for a few weeks which I thought was a canker sore which I get allot. He called me to tell me they were there and she was doing fine and I was thankful because she has been worried about the Fairy Bubble (This is what they call the shot to numb your mouth).
Thirty minutes later I get a call...He said they had to remove her front tooth because the bubble was an abscess and was totally infected and they could not save the tooth. I stareded to freak out and he put the nurse on the phone... She said that whatever happened to her like a fall or running into a wall or something has caused it to get infected and they do not want to replace it with a fake since her permante tooth is there. She said it just depends on when the tooth wants to push through but it could be anywhere from now till she is 8. She also said that the root was completely black and it could have infected her brain. All this stuff was going through my head.. My kid must be in pain..She is gonna feel so weird about this..She wont smile again..Blah Blah Blah. Stephan said they were going to explain to her that she is now a big girl and will be the first little girl in her class to have lost her tooth and that the tooth fairy will be coming tonight.
Since he has her another night I had to go see her. As soon as I walked in she just smiled so big. She was so excited and just wanted to show me her tooth. I could not believe how well she was feeling. I know when I was a kid I always had bad things with my teeth and just felt so bad afterward. I took a picture on my cell phone for everyone to see.

4 comments:

The Gardner's said...

How scary, Ronda! She is adorable, missing tooth or not, and will probably be the coolest kid around for having lost a tooth so early.

I hope the tooth fairy brings her a lot for all she had to go through :)

Unknown said...

Oh My goodness!! What a brave little one she is, I am glad all seemed to have turned out OK, just reading the story seemed to scare me a bit, but knowing she is OK with it and fine I am more at ease. Tell her I said I hope she gets lots of cash for her tooth. hehe.

Renee' said...

Scary indeed! So glad to hear that it all worked out in the end. She looks super happy about being the first one in her class to lose a tooth. Awwe... hope the tooth fairy has been saving up 'cuz it sounds like she earned a good chunk of change! :)

Anonymous said...

she's still beautiful