Friday, May 23, 2008

I asked for a daughter.. I was given a princess

I truely believe the saying "It takes a village to raise a child". Children are influenced by the T.V., magazines, songs they hear on the radio and most importand for my daughter is her role modles..Her parents and gradparents. Up untill two years ago I was lucky enought to have spent every moment with my 5 year old since the day she was born excpet for the occasional overnight visits to gammie and papaws house. I was blessed to be given that time to play, teach, protect and love her.
I have come to terms with the fact that I can try but I will never be the perfect mommy but I have also realized that I get to read her bed time stories, wake up to her beautiful face every morning, take care of her when she is ill and wipe away her tears and when she grows up and has children of her own she will look back and know that trips to Chuck e Cheese, little high heels and polly pockets really werent as important than the time and love I spent with her.

1 comment:

Renee' said...

Awwwe! Cant they just stay little forever?!?!?!