Yesterday was just like any other day. I was home doing some cleaning and watching Nolan when I went to check the mail. I see a pizza coupon and a folded up white piece of paper.... This is what it read.
Friend,
WE ARE NOT SURE WHAT YOU DO, BUT WE KNOW THAT YOUR DOG BARKS ALL DAY AND SOME OF THE NIGHT. EITHER YOU ARE DEAF OR JUST DON"T CARE AT THE DISTURBANCE IT CAUSES US. IF YOU HAVE A SOLUTION TO ITS BARKING YOU BETTER USE IT OR STEPS WILL BE TAKEN TO SOLVE IT. YOU HAVE A CHOICE. PLEASE TAKE THE ONE TO SUIT YOU AND US.
Now here I must vent. This is not the first letter I have received. The first was mailed about 4 months ago. It explained that they work during the night and sleep during the day.. I threw it away. Now after reading the second one..Knowing the police would not have anything to go on but I still called. I wanted it notated that I had a threatening letter placed in my mail box. Rockie (the dog) has lived in this house for about 3 1/2 years and has had no prior complaints. She is a sweet dog with no mean bone in her body. Every dog barks but I will say that Rockie does not cause trouble. She barks when the dogs behind us are out but there dog is barking too and it doesn't last long. I just don't get it. They must have the wrong dog. This is a neighborhood full of stay cat and other dogs.. Why Rockie?
Anyway the police man came over before stopping to talk to our next door neighbor( who we are friends with) and she filled him in by saying that Rockie doesn't bark and she would know she lives next door. Anyway like I said he couldn't do anything but inform me that I should keep a look out for strange things/people in my yard and to call animal control next time.
Anyway... I am tempted to put a sign out that says Barking Allowed.




1 comment:
Wow, that sucks! I am sure they are confusing your dog with another... we have a neighborhood dog that occasionally barks at 3-4am for a while I have yet to figure out whos backyard its coming from... its hard to determine. Is hard to pinpoint and I fear I would make the same mistake your crabby neighbor did.
Post a Comment